Focus and Scope
The journal publishes both theoretical and applied original scientific articles in the field of economics and management.
Peer Review Process
Publishing of papers is conditioned by a successful double blind peer-review (reviewing procedure). Reviewers are selected from among the most renowned experts in their field. Each paper is reviewed by at least two reviewers. The paper can be published in the case of two supporting recommendations. Reviewers are chosen from a number of experts on the basis of their proven qualification in the area discussed in the paper. None of the reviewers is allowed to be a member of staff of the same institution as the author or co-author of the submitted paper.
The review procedure has two stages:
The first stage is done by the editor-in-chief or by the assigned editor. The editor-in-chief is authorized to reject the submission or to recommend necessary changes if the paper does not meet the basic criteria for submitted papers (i.e. if the topic is outside the scope of the journal, or if it does not respect formal criteria for writing). The first review process usually does not take more than 4 weeks.
The reviewer’s report consists of the following parts:
- A review for authors prepared in a standard form enabling (detailed) comments
- A confidential report to the editorial board (not required; not disclosed to authors).
The reviewer’s decision can be:
- To accept (without changes)
- To accept with minor changes (the reviewer states what changes are suggested)
- To revise and resubmit (the reviewer states what the necessary revisions and suggested changes are)
- To reject (the reviewer states what the reasons for rejection are)
The final decision of accepting, revising or rejecting the paper is taken by the editorial board.
It is advisable for authors to see the questions the reviewers answer:
- Does the title of the paper correspond to its content?
- Is the topic interesting, current and relevant for researchers?
- Is the abstract comprehensive and complete? Are aims, methods, main results and conclusions included in the abstract?
- Are the key words and the Journal of Economic Literature (JEL) classification selected appropriately?
- Are the aims of the paper original, relevant and stated clearly in the introduction? Does the introduction state the nature and scope of the problem?
- Does the paper refer to the state of the art in the area of research? Is the relationship to previous work made clear?
- Are research questions, hypothesis and assumptions properly formulated? Does the preceding discussion lead to the research questions and hypothesis?
- Does the methodology of the research correspond to the problem? Is the selection of methods appropriate?
- Are the empirical parts of the paper clearly explained? Are the data fully described and their precise sources given? Are statistical results reported in a proper way?
- Do the conclusions correspond to the research and aims of the paper?
- Are the conclusions explicitly stated?
- Does the text bring new findings?
- Are relevant authors cited in the text?
- Are all cited works included in references?
- Are the style and grammar appropriate to a scientific work? Is the style of the author accurate and understandable?
- Is there a perspective regarding further research about the topic? What are the recommendations of the reviewer for further specialization of author(s)?
All the papers are subject to copyediting. The final step before publishing the paper is the author´s editing.
Two issues per year
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The journal archive includes only fultext for papers published since the year 2012 (since the year 2015 are fultext available via database De Gruyter).
For technical reasons, the journal archive before the year 2012 includes only abstracts. Full text papers published before the year 2012 are only available upon request by email (email@example.com).